Soft tissue injury

Q: I have soft tissue damage in my left foot on the outside edge, the hospital put my foot in a cast so that I could walk but then took the cast off less than 24 hours after the injury occured. I still cant put a lot of pressure through my foot and running or most sport based activity is almost impossible as I cant use my foot properly. im a personal trainer and the problem is affecting my job.

what i want to know is how long should my foot have been in a cast and should I have had any follow up treatment