Something stuck in my throat

Patient

Q: I have just got over the flu but know i feel like i got a pea stuck in my throat when i cough it hurts and my right ear feels really itchy inside

Symptoms:  Coughing
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask the Doctor" for posting your query.

There are varied reasons for such foreign body sensation in the throat like tonsillitis, impacted food particle or denture, GERD, diverticula, rarely tumor, etc. As you have a recent history of flu, most probably it might be due to inflammation of tonsils or pharynx. However, you should get it examined by a doctor to rule out other causes. You may need antibiotic course in case of infection or inflammation. Foreign body, if any, can be removed by a doctor. GERD responds well to acid suppressing drugs.
Patient might need indirect laryngoscopy to visualize presence of any foreign body in case other modalities do not work.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!