Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sometimes I think or dream I see something or someone

Sometimes I think or dream I see something or someone

Patient: Sometimes I think or dream I see something or someone than open my eyes seeing faint traces of it. It’s really starting to scare me because it’s getting worse. What’s wrong?

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on ATD.Such types of experiences are called as hallucinations.Actually, if you would have given a proper medical history, it could be more helpful.Many time intoxication of any kind may give rise to similar experience.It could be sleeping pills, anxiolytics, antidepressants, alcohol and any other narcotic substance.If you are not on any medicines, kindly visit your physician and request him to carry out all necessary blood tests to know the status of your blood and biochemistry.Non spicy diet, meditation, regular walking and changing sleeping place may help you to get rid of such experience.Wish you a good health