Son on Methylphenidate, Chewing His Clothes, Could it be Because of the Drug?

Patient

Q: My son is chewing on hisclothes after starting medication is it stress related. He uses Mentalphenadate

Doctor

A:   Methylphenidate is a psycho stimulant used in treating ADHD. The drug is known to cause certain adverse reaction like abdominal pain, hypersensitivity, dizziness, confusion, psychosis, headaches, loss of appetite. It may be that the drug is causing his above mentioned symptoms. I would suggest you to visit your doctor and review the treatment with him/her. I hope the information helps, take care.