Son took too much Vyvanse

Patient

Q: My son is on Vyvanse for ADHD. He is 13, about 5'5", and about 110 pounds. He has been taking 70 mg of Vyvanse every day for his condition: 60 mg at 7:30 AM before he goes to school and another 10 mg at noon at school. Tonight, he accidentally took another 60 mg pill at 10:00 PM. My question is what we should do about tomorrow. Should we give him his usual 60 mg dose? Should we try to supplement with an earlier taking of his 10 mg dose instead? His health and safety comes first (obviously), but he has midterm exams tomorrow and it would be preferable if we had a safe option that gave him every opportunity to be alert during his exams. Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Symptoms:  Medicine usage for ADHD
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
Vyanase should not be taken in such high doses. But now that he has taken his additional dose at 10pm nothing much can be done. He can still take the routine 60mg dose at morning 7.30 am as the half life of vyanase is very short and the effect may not persist until 7.30 in the morning. However next time, be more careful with the dosing.
Do meet your doctor.
Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.