Sore hard and erect breasts

Patient

Q: Hi I have been having sore, tender, hard and erect nipples for the past 2-4 weeks and I was wondering what could be causing it. I am not due for my menstrual until tomorrow but I have never before had tender nipples before my cycle. could someone please tell me what is possibly going on here?

Symptoms:  Sore, hard, tender, and erect nipples, nausea, dizziness.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Having sore, tender, hard and erect nipples,nausea, dizziness are all signs of either an early pregnancy if you are sexually active & not using any mode of contraception, or it could even be an indication for premenstrual cycle symptom. During sex if there is extra breast play involving licking and sucking it can stimulate the nerves in the breasts and cause them to become extra sensitive If you donot get your period even after 7 to 10 days past your expected date of menstrual cycle opt for a home pregnancy test to see if there is a pregnancy. After getting your period the pain shouldsubside, if the problem is persistent then it is advisable to consult your primary health care doctor or a gyn/obs doctor for medical aid.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.