Sore heels on feet all of the time

Patient : Hi I have had sore heels on both my feet for last couple months even when I am lying in bed what do you thinks wrong?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy. This is a condition is ca used by damage to sensory nerve endings of the extremities. It is commonly seen in diabetic patients or patients with decreased circulation to the lower extremities. We first recommend that you have your doctor examine your feet to determine if you are having any circulation problems. A ultrasound will be performed to assess this. If diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy you can be prescribed medication to treat the symptoms of this, reducing this burning sensation in your feet. Please be guided accordingly. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com