Sore Knee 

Patient: My right knee is experiencing serious swelling and I am having difficulty bending it. The meniscus is gone in that knee. I also have lots of clicking and popping when I been the knee or am engaging in physical activity.

Symptoms: Sore Knee

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You seem to have developed from Knee ligament injury following a ny trauma. We need to evaluate you for anterior or posterior cruciate ligament injury. In such scenario, I would advise you to get MRI of Knee joint done. Also, you should get your Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.For knee pain I would advise you to do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises which will strengthen your quadriceps muscles and will give support to your knee joint. Along with this you should do hot fomentation of the knee.Apply diclofenac ointment locally if you have severe pain.If any ligament injury is found on clinical examination and MRI, you would require to get arthroscopic repair of the ligament done.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy