Sore patch under fingernail that won't heal

Q: I have a recurring splinter haemorrhage under the nail of my index finger on my left hand. I noticed it at the start of this year because it was sore. It felt like something had been stuck under my finger nail. It had a dark reddish/black streak about a millimetre long. After a while I noticed that a tough bit of skin was growing out under my nail in this area, which I could dig out with the nail clippers. eventually I cut my nail short and dug the whole bit of tough skin and black but out. Nail grew back fine. This morning it hurt again and I noticed the re/black bit is back. No tough skin and this time i could dig it out easily without cutting my nail. Under my nail is a tiny dark pink spot and it looks like a very thin line of my nail right hear the top doesn't attach to the nail bed - you can see where this weird patch grows. Having dug out the black bit again there seems very little to show a doctor but I am worried it has reoccurred.

Symptoms:  Splinter haemorrhage or similar under fingernail that won't heal