September 21, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers (queue) > Why do I have a constant sore throat and swollen lymph nodes?

Why do I have a constant sore throat and swollen lymph nodes?

Patient: I have problems with a sore throat that go on and off for maybe 2 years now.  Also the left lymph node in my neck got swollen. I do not feel discomfort or pain in my throat maybe just a little and just sometimes. Can you tell me what can it be and what am I to do? Should i go to the doctor right away? Please find attached pictures of my throat.

Symptoms: Sore throat, swollen left lymph node on the neck, little lumps on the back of the wall of my throat

Sore , red throat, with lum...-1 Sore , red throat, with lum...-1

Doctor: This question is currently in cue to be answered. If you would like to Ask The Doctor your own question, please click here.

Patient: I forgot to mention that I also have post nasal drip. I can feel it and i have to clear my throat very often and it is quite annoying.