Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sore testicles – History of testicular tortion

Sore testicles – History of testicular tortion

Patient: Hi. Im 19 and a male. Three days ago i had a bit of pain in my right testicle but it went away, 2 days later i had some pain in my left testicle but it has gone away. I still have discomfort down there but it doesnt hirt to toucch them. Tere is no lumps prr bumps. I have had a twisted testicle about 6 years ago but the pain isnt as bad as that Should i go see a doctor ? Thanks

Doctor: Pain in the testicles could be the result of trauma to the area, infections like epididymitis and orchitis, kidney stone s and in rare cases testicular tumors. you have mentioned that you’ve had a twisted testicle (testicular tortion) before and this warrants examination by a doctor. To relieve the pain,you can use ice pack to the genital area, wear loose fitting undergarments and put a rolled up towed below the scrotum for support while sitting. Anti-inflammatory medication like tylenol and ibuprofen will help.