Sore testicles - History of testicular tortion

Patient

Q: Hi. Im 19 and a male. Three days ago i had a bit of pain in my right testicle but it went away, 2 days later i had some pain in my left testicle but it has gone away. I still have discomfort down there but it doesnt hirt to toucch them. Tere is no lumps prr bumps. I have had a twisted testicle about 6 years ago but the pain isnt as bad as that Should i go see a doctor ? Thanks

Doctor

A:   Pain in the testicles could be the result of trauma to the area, infections like epididymitis and orchitis, kidney stones and in rare cases testicular tumors. you have mentioned that you've had a twisted testicle (testicular tortion) before and this warrants examination by a doctor. To relieve the pain,you can use ice pack to the genital area, wear loose fitting undergarments and put a rolled up towed below the scrotum for support while sitting. Anti-inflammatory medication like tylenol and ibuprofen will help.