x
66 Physicians Online

Question:

Sore Throat

Hi I have a sore throat. It isnt very hard, but it is lasting for about fifth day. It is painfull(its not very painfull, I can speak and shout and everything, but still I can feel a bit of pain) mostly in the evening. What should I do? It is neccessary to visit my doctor or it will stop after few more days?

Answer:

Hello, I realize your concern about sore throat. Usually the most common entity is viral.
The typical period of time is from a week to two to recover completely. Drinking lots of fluid and giving the body time to recover takes care of it. Since you have pain, it is recommended to rest your voice, and also inhaling steam takes care of it. If these symptoms continue and fever is also present, a visit to the doctor might be needed to rule out a possible bacterial infection. I wish you a prompt recovery.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.