Sore throat and cough for breast feeding mom

Patient

Q: My wife is 32 years old and she is suffering from throat pain since last 2 days and she has little cough also. She is not yet stopped breast feeding for baby. Kindly suggest some medicines.

Symptoms:  Sore throat, cough, running nose
Doctor

Sore throat could be a sign of an allergic cough, viral infection or a bacterial one. Warm saline gargles 3-4 times a day after meals will really help. Chewing of lozenges containing lemon, ginger and honey reduces sore throat. Avoid cold beverages and ice creams. Any cough syrup which is a mucolytic and antihistaminic will help. If the sore throat does not settle down, she has to see a doctor for an examination and specific medications. Drink plenty of warm water.

Hope this helped.