Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sore throat and coughing mild fever nausea diareha

Sore throat and coughing mild fever nausea diareha

Patient: I have had a sore throat for 4 days now ot really hurts it frels like something is in my throat what kind of sore throat can this be?

Doctor: Thank you for your question.Sore throats (pharyngitis) commonly caused by bacterial infections of the throat. The bac teria causing the pharyngitis can be of many types but a common bacteria causing such an acute painful infection is streptococcus. Commonly referred to as Strep throat, this infection is very painful and requires prompt treatment with a course of antibiotics to clear this infection. Please seek medical attention immediately to have your throat examined, tested, and start the appropriate medication.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com