x
154 Physicians Online

Question:

Sore throat and fever

My husband has a sore throat with some swelling..he has a slight fever with pain from his neck to his feet.its getting hard for him to breathe..what could be causing this?

Answer:

Your husband is probably suffering form pharyngitis. This is caused due to inflammation of the pharynx by a viral or bacterial infection. Most sore throats are caused by viruses and needs no additional treatment. However since your husband has difficulty in breathing, I would suggest that he visit his doctor for further evaluation. He may require a throat swab and a chest x-ray. Antibiotics may be required in the presence of a bacterial infection.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA