Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sore throat and infection – need advice

Sore throat and infection – need advice

Patient: I have been having a lot of headaches lately just behind my right eyebrow (your left). The headaches don’t really worry me as I think they are from dehydration, I don’t drink as much water as I should most days of the week. Yesterday I started to get a tingly feeling in my throat and for the past 24-48 hours my throat has felt warm under my chin. I was wondering if you could help me understand what is wrong and consult me on if I should see a doctor or not? Thx P.S. I am a female in the age bracket 11-15.

Doctor: I do understand your concern, it is most probable that you are have a viral infection. I would suggest that you see your doctor if you develop fever, your headaches increase or you have breathing difficulty. Viral flu should subside on its own and only tylenol may be required for the pain. Take care.