Sore throat and preagnant

Q: I am 33 weeks pregnant and have the worst sore throat. My nose is runny and i started getting a cough what can i take or what should i do?

A:   Sore throat during pregnancy might be treated like if you were not expecting a baby. Usually they are caused by a virus and it will resolve on its own in a few days, however if you notice fever, intense pain and pus or white spots, a possibility of bacterial infection possibly due to Strep might need to be ruled out by your health care provider.
I would suggest you to rest your voice, increase your fluid intake, gargle with salt water to soothe your throat and clear your mucus. If you develop fever, Acetaminophen could be taken without any problems and will also decrease your sore.