x
86 Physicians Online

Question:

Sore throat and shortness of breath

About 2 months ago i was intibated for 3 days. Within days, i caught stridor and had to get surgery to dialect my airways. On top of this i also had strep throat. Ive taken antibiotics and thats seem to go away. However weeks have gone by and i still seem to have this sore throat that is very painful. It hurts the most in the morning and when i exercise i feel as if though its harder to breath. Ive gone to the doctors and all she can tell me is that i have an infflimation.Is there something i should be concerned about?

Answer:

You may be having some post operative and intubation inflammation. It also could be a repeat infection with strep throat however it is difficult for me to say exactly without having a look at your throat.The worst case scenario is that it could be formation of adhesions or narrowing airway post intubation. However since you are having trouble breathing while you exercise i would also advice to rule out any exercise induced airway narrowing or asthma. I hope this helps. All the best.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.