Sore throat cough and runny nose.

Patient

Q: 6 days ago i went to the doctor with sore throat non productive cough and runny nose. i was diagnosed with bronchitis sinusitus and an ear infection. i have been taking the Doxicycline as prescribed but now i am having headaches and my cough is producing yellow sputum. I am also having mild chest pain when taking a full breath. How should i proceed?

Symptoms:  Cough headache yellow sputum runny nose
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering Bronchitis.
I would advise in such scenario:
1. Hemogram with ESR
2. ECG
3. Chest Xray
If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchial Asthma / Bronchitis.
In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol.
You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy