Sore throat for more than 2 months

Patient

Q: Constant sore throat for 2 months. I am a death metal singer and have to use my voice and it hurts to bad to even sing. I have tried cough drops and hot tea. What do I do

Doctor

A:   There are several condition s which can cause a sore throat. Without more details I cannot say definitively what is the cause in your specific case or how best to treat it. Therefore, you will need to see your physician for diagnosis and treatment. In the meantime, anesthetic lozenges such as those containing Benzocaine, may provide temporary pain relief. The following are some cause of chronic sore throat :

Fungal throat infection
Throat abscess
Chronic rhinosinusitis
Severe Acid Reflux Disease