Sore Throat, Possible viral infection?

Hi ive been feeling unwell for 2 weeks it started with cold like symptoms drowsiness sore chest runny nose etc then i thought i was starting to get better until 2 days ago my whole body started to feel sore and achy i became very weak and got the chills as soon as i left the bed but got extremely hot when i got back into bed and my throat swelled up with lumps under my jaw line and its very difficult to swallow please help i'm worried its something serious as its lasted over a long period of time thank you

A:   Usually most cases of flu start as a viral infection. The symptoms of sore throat, runny nose and body ache are suggestive of it. But in certain cases, the viral infection may make you prone for a bacterial infection. Since you have symptoms of sore throat, swelling in the neck, fever, I would suggest you to see your doctor to get a throat swab for Strep. throat. You may then be put on an antibiotic if you have the infection.

Guest Says: I also have a croaky voice mornings and evenings

Sign In to join in the conversation.
You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA