Sore throat with fever and chills

Patient

Q: Male, 37, I have a frequent sore throat. Sore throat with feverish feeling / fever and chills, excess mucus and blocked nose. This is going on for the last 14/15 years.
In my childhood I have suffered with frequent tonsil infection or tonsillitis.
Is there any permanent cure ?
Is there any test to detect properly that which bacteria or virus is the culprit ?

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Since you are suffering from fever since long, this requires investigations. This can be due to chronic sinus infection or other causes like Malaria, urinary tract infection, Pneumonia, Typhoid fever.
I would advise you to get evaluated.
Get following investigations done:
1. Hemogram
2. Urine culture
3. Ultrasound Abdomen
4. Malaria Antigen
5. Chest X-Ray
6. X-ray PNS
Take Paracetamol for fever.
Do steam inhalation.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy