Soreness, pressure in the neck and head after adjustment

Q: Hi, i just had my first chiropractor adjustment on my neck today...saw chiropractor today about frequent headaches i get that i believe are caused mainly from back and neck problems from doing alot of heavy lifting at work...chiropractor did discover that my neck and shoulders were very tight/tense so he did some massage/adjustments of the muscles in the back of my neck and loosened me up a little bit, but now i'm sore and feel a little pressure in the back of my neck and head, though it's not painful...are these side effects considered normal after a chiropractor adjustment? I must also add that for the past few days i was feeling pressure in my neck and back of head for the past few days due to some musculoskeletal and anxiety issues and a doctor gave me some muscle relaxants to help, and was feeling just fine before the chiropractor visit today

Symptoms:  Slightly sore, stiff neck and some pressure in the back of neck and head after first chiro adjustment

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

I think your original problem was mainly related to your anxiety and tension headache. Now you got muscular pain due to chiropractic adjustments. So it occurs sometimes after chiropractic adjustments. Now its treatment is rest to neck, analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief and muscle relaxant such as thiocholcoside.

As you are also having anxiety so you can take mild anxiolytic such as alprazolam after consulting your doctor as it is prescription medicine.Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.

Patient: thank you for your answer. I did just take one of my Muscle Relaxant pills about an hour ago and some tylenol (i also take ibuprofen as well) and i do have a prescription for alprazolam but would prefer not to use it we'll on the muscle relaxant(which i only have a few more of left)...i've read some stories saying that sometimes strokes can occur from a chiropractor adjustment and it got me a little worried though i'm sure i'll be fine, the pressure in my head is what got me a little worried.
Doctor: Hi
Welcome back
Very Rarely stroke can occur but it does not commonly occur . So don't worry about it. Rest already discussed.
Wishing you a good health. Take care.
Patient: the muscle relaxers seem to help but when they start really wearing off, i get this pressure back in the back of my head (not painful though) that ive had off and on for most of the week now and it's starting to worry me...i just finished eating dinner and the pressure kept getting more tight as i was eating
Doctor: Hi
Welcome back
It may be likely due to anxiety. So you can take mild anxiolytic such as alprazolam after prescription from your doctor. Be relax . You can further investigate by CT scan of brain to rule out any cause inside the skull and brain. There should be no relation to food. Wishing you good health. Take care.