Ask The Doctor > Pending > South Beach Diet is leaving me sweating and shakey in the morning…

South Beach Diet is leaving me sweating and shakey in the morning…

Patient: I started the South Beach diet 3 days ago. Yesterday morning and this morning I got up and immediately started to feel dizzy, nauseau, and started sweating. Had to sit down, really didn’t feel good. Tried to eat the omelets recommended but was still shakey after eating and went for a bowl of cereal too, immediately felt better. I feel good the rest of the day, only in the mornings I feel shakey, dizzy, and sweating.I’ve done the South Beach diet numerous times in the past with no problems.What is happening to me in the morning? Dangerous? Stick with it?

Doctor: