Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Spasms and involuntary twitching under eye

Spasms and involuntary twitching under eye

Patient: I have some jerking in my face just below my right eye, the only thing I have been taking is Guanfacine HCL 1mg (a generic for Tenex 1mg. wWhat does this tell me or should I have a Doc. check me closer?

Symptoms: jerking in my face just below my right eye

Doctor: Thanks for consulting us. Most common adverse effects of Guanfacine are headache, dizziness, somnolence and less commonl y, cramps, myalgia etc. Most commonly jerks/twitchings in facial muscles is benign and subside on its own. It can be caused by excess stress, electrolyte disturbance in serum (Magnesium, calcium etc). If you are having persistent jerks, consult your physician and follow his advise.