Specific areas of hair loss

Patient

Q: My hair fell out in one spot in the middel of my head however their is short stubby hairs and some balding areas im a 21 year old female It dose not itch or anything.

Doctor

A:   You may be having some form of autoimmune alopecia( ie loss of hair) . This is usually characterised by loss of large chunks of hair from a certain spot. It needs further investigations and treatment depending on whether a cause can be determined. Please see a dermatologist in person for a more detailed analysis. All the best.