Ask The Doctor > Pending > Spina bifida and chronic back pain

Spina bifida and chronic back pain

Patient: I have spina bifida and I had a surgery when I was three months old. Im 18 now and for the past couple of years I have been experiencing chronic back pain and it seems like its geting worse. I also have scoliosis. The reason I have spina bifida is because my dad was exposed to agent orange in Vietnam. All his children had some kind of birth defects and we are all developing more medical problems as we get older. So I would like to know what exactly is causing my back pain and why is it getting worse and also if there’s anything I can do to prevent any more medical problems. I have not seen any doctors in about a year because most doctors I have been to could not figure out what was causing my back pain so they thought I was faking or exaggerating it. I just need some advice on what to do and what it could be.

Doctor: