Spinal Spondylosis: MRI findings

Patient

Q: Hello Sir, My name is Prashant. And my mother (age 41) is suffering from the pain in spinal cord or vertebral from about 16th jan 2011. And also the food is not been digested properly. Doctor told for a urine test. Urine test report was Blood Sugar(R) 89.0 Appearance Clear SP Gravity QNS Reaction(PH) Acidic Volume 30ml Colour P.Yellow Disposit NIL ALBUMIN Trace Sugar NIL RBC NIL Pus cell 2-4 Epith Cell 0-1 Crystals NIL Casta NIL and then Doctor advised to bring the X-Ray report. And according to X-Ray report on 10th march 2011 : Mild scoliosis with concavity to right is seen. Sacralization is seen in left half of L5 vertebra. The visible bodies of the lumbar vertebrae are well preserved. Bodies of the lumbar vertebrae otherwise show no evidence of any erosion. I V disc spaces appear normal. There is no evidence of Spondylosis, spondylolisthesis or lysis. Clinical and lab correlation is recommended for further evaluation. The doctor told after reading the report that her liver is enlarged, and then told to bring the report of MRI. MRI report is following: DIAGNOSIS: Mr imaging of lumbosacral spinal reveals D11 and D 10 vertebral body lemangiona. Generalized spondylotic changes in the form of early osteophytes at multiple levels with disc desiccation at L4(oblic sybol)5 Level. Diffuse posterior and forminal disc bulge with anular fissuring at L4(oblic symbol)5 level indenting the thecal sac, descending nerves with compression of bilateral exiting nerve roots. Mild right foraminal disc bulge at L5(oblic symbol)S1 level indenting thecal sac and right exiting nerve roots. Advised: Clinical correlation Sir, Doctor suggested to consult the report with the neurologist. Is it any problem with the report or everything fine? I want to ask again, is everything fine or any problem. If any, what is it and can it be treated, and how much will be treatment time will be. and can d11 and d10 vertebral body human be treated or not...Sir you are my God. Please help me. I am filling the personal report below(name,age and gender on behalf of my mother.)

Doctor

A:    The findings in your mother’s MRI correspond with  degenerative bone changes related to age (spondylosis and osteophytes or bone spurs). The hemangiona visualized at T10-T11 if small, it does not have a major significance, but there is a problem in L4 and L5 that is producing compression of the exiting nerve roots that form the nerves that go to the inferior limbs. This bulging compresses and causes inflammation of the lumbar root nerves involved also may produce low back pain that can vary widely. It may feel like a mild tingling, dull ache, or a burning or pulsating sensation. In some cases, the pain is severe enough that you are unable to move. She may also have numbness. The pain most often occurs on one side of the body, with a lumbar (lower back L4-L5) backwards or walking more than a few yards. The pain, numbness, or weakness often will go away or improve a lot over a period of weeks to months. The first treatment for a herniated, bulging disk is a short period of rest with pain and anti-inflammatory medications, followed by physical therapy. Most people who follow these treatments will recover and return to their normal activities. A small number of people need to have further treatment, which may include steroid injections or surgery. Changes in lifestyle are a must; like diet and exercise are crucial to improving back pain if your mother is overweight .Physical therapy is important for nearly everyone with disk disease. Therapists will tell your mother how to properly lift, dress, walk, and perform other activities. They will work on strengthening the muscles that help support the spine. She will also learn flexibility of the spine and legs. Steroid injections into the back in the area of the herniated disk may help control pain for several months. Such injections reduce swelling around the disk and relieve many symptoms. Spinal injections are usually done on an outpatient basis. Surgery may be an option for the few patients whose symptoms do not go away despite other treatments and time.