Spinal stenosis and inability to readily move bowels.

Q: I have been diagnosed (MRI - two years ago)as having spinal stenosis - scheduled for operation - (easing spinal cord and fusing a couple of lower vertebrae) - hopefully within two months.

Symptoms:  I f I stand for more than a couple of minutes my legs go numb and I feel in danger of falling over. Using a wheeled walking-frame I can walk for about twenty minutes by taking much of the load on my hands. I now believe I am having bowel movement problems. These are NOT, as I expected, unable to prevent bowel movement - I seem to have difficulty in making the movement - an inability to apply pressure.