Spinal Stenosis, Bone spurs, spondylosis and arthritis

Patient

Q: I have lumbar spinal stenosis, spondylosis, bone spurs and arthritis in my lower back of the S-1,F-5......I have been told by one of the top surgeons in my state around 4 years ago that I needed a spinal fusion but at the time I wanted to stay away from back surgery and still keep my active life style! Fast forward to today, my condition has not improved and has moved to not just the left side but now both sides of my lower back are always irritated! What I want to know is at 36 years old would it of gotten any better over those 4 years that surgery is no longer needed? The pain is debilitating to where I can't even hold a job because of the frequent flair ups! I didn't get the surgery done by the same doctor from 4 years ago because my insurance now does not cover for where he is located so I need to know if this is something that is something that can still be helped with pain medication which everyday seems to become less and less effective! I have done the tens unit, the steriod shots and tried physical therapy but still no relief! I need help because the doctor I saw where i live now says I do not need surgery yet I have even worse symptoms than I did 4 years ago please help

Symptoms:  Constant lower back pain, hip pain, sharp pain down both legs, cramping in my shins and legs are tired all the time
Doctor