Spine questions

Patient

Q: What does, "postoperative changes are present status post ACIDF and blade, plate and screw fixation of C6 and C7 vertebral segments." mean?

Doctor

A:    
When they make reference to “post operative changes” that refers to the changes in bone growing and repair along with the healing process of the surrounding tissues where the osteosynthesis material was placed. This is part of the normal healing process after the intervention, is an attempt of the body to assimilate or incorporate the material (plates, screws).