Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Spirulina tablet for weightloss

Spirulina tablet for weightloss

Patient: I m 22 years old i want to know that spirulina tablets of Vestige food supplimentry is sefe for me or not.can i take this for the purpose of getting vitamins of all type and for weight purpose, skin purpose etc.Is it good product or not ??

Symptoms: For weight loss purpose and getting healthy skin

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Spirulina is a cyanobacterium that can be consumed by humans. It is given in the form of tablets or powder form. Spirulina has been used by humans for almost 500 years since the 16th century.Testing of spirulina on humans (800mg/kg body weight) showed no side effects and did not cause any toxic effects. Some studies have found that cyanobacterium produces certain toxins that can affect the body. This is not a study on spirulina but on the organism from which spirulina is made.Thus, there is a small element of risk involved. My suggestion would be for you to lose weight naturally through diet and exercise. There are many places you can get access to this information.If you are not losing any weight after a meal plan and exercise program for 1 month, you should see a Doctor or a Fitness trainer. They will help you with the weight loss.Wishing you the best.