x
88 Physicians Online

Question:

Spleen pain, sulphur taste in mouth

I'm a 24 year old male who has had stomach problems his whole life, but it has gotten worse lately. Every time I get sick, I start to have these sulphur burp that taste like rotten eggs.I will have an extreme squeezing pain in my spleen (or i think its my spleen, left side under my rib cage)and I will vomit and have diarrhea all night. Any ideas of what it could be? This happens like once every two or three months.

Answer:

You are experiencing symptoms of dyspepsia. It is usually associated with gastrointestinal disorders but may also be seen in diabetes, thyroid and kidney disease. You doctor may have to examine you further to rule out the above mentioned causes of dyspepsia.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.