Spondylolisthesis

Patient : Is there a drug he can take to feel relief of the pain. He has two types of Spondylolisthesis. His 5 verterbra is cracked on both sides in his lower back. Do you know if there is a surgery that he could have and be able to walk? This is for a friend his name is Quinton Mitchell he is 34 years old. He has had it for about 9 years.
Doctor :   We get asked this question all the time.  Pain is frustrating to live with and should be managed early to avoid negative e effects on other parts of his life (relationships, employment, hobbies, mental health) Treatment options for Spondylolisthesis vary on the severity of the condition.  Most pain clinics prefer to start with non medication options. This can include weight loss, muscle strengtning, physical therapy, and the use of heat or cold. If pain control is required, anti inflammatories are often used before opioids and when using opioids, regular monitoring with the same physicain is advised to manage side effects and avoid abuse or addiction. Surgery is often considered a last resort unless there are other signs or symptoms to warrant it earlier.