Spongy Urethra

Patient: I seem to have a problem with my spongy urethra. The problem looks like it is on the bottom or base of my penis. Near the testicles and it is split in two. I am wondering what I can do to treat this so it can go back to normal and not be in pain.

Symptoms: I sometimes have numbing pains in my testicles and on the penis which hurt. I also have a burning feel after and during peeing.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. From the description of your symptoms, it is possible that you have contracted a urinary tr act infection which has progressed into your testes and surrounding structures. It is important to promptly seek medical attention to have this examined. You will most likely be prescribed a course of antibiotics in order to treat this infection. After about 10-14 days your symptoms should resolve without complication. The longer you take to start treatment the longer it will take to heal and the greater the chances of permanent damage to your reproductive system. Please see your doctor immediately.AskTheDoctor.com wishes you a speedy recovery.