Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Spontaneous Bleeding on top of nose

Spontaneous Bleeding on top of nose

Patient: I am a 36 yr-old male with normal bloodpressure (higher side of nrmal). I am running about 14 miles per week as part of an excercise program. Occassionally I get bleeding from the skin on top of my nose. No scrapes, no cuts, etc…just a pinhole spot (from a pore in the skin) that bleeds for about 5 minutes. Is this due to a vitamin defficiency or to too high blood pressure?

Doctor: The bleed from the skin at the top of you nose may be due to angiolymphoid hyperplasia or basal cell carcinoma. You will require a consultation with your doctor/dermatologist and maybe a biopsy of the lesion for a confirmatory diagnosis.