Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sports medicine doctor pulled groin 16 year old

Sports medicine doctor pulled groin 16 year old

Patient: How can i speed up the healing of a pulled groin in a 16 year old boy?

Symptoms: Tenderness in groin area trouble lifting knee without pain

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your queryRead and understood the history of pulled groin in a 16-year old boy with tenderness in gr oin and trouble lifting knee without pain.This looks to a severe injury and I would advise you the following in such a case:Take an expert opinion of an Orthopedic Surgeon and preferably of a Sports Medicine expert.The basic of any such injury is rest to the part, hence give him strict bed rest particularly to the affected limb- no movement at all.Once the expert examined and does MRI or such tests if required, follow the advise strictly for the complete recovery.I hope this answer helps you.