Spot bleeding for 2 weeks straight

Patient

Q: Can taking your birth control pills in reverse for one package, like starting at week 3 cause you to spot bleed for 2 weeks straight?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Birth control pills should be used accurately for them to be effective in avoiding an unwanted pregnancy. When used regularly without missing from day 5 of the menstrual cycle to day 25 of the cycle, they can provide contraception of up to 95% effectiveness. Since they are hormonal pills they should be used appropriately or else they may cause hormonal imbalance & lead to intermenstrual bleeding, intermittent spotting or irregular cycles.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.