Spotting after 7 days of taking ipill. normal?

Patient

Q: Hi, I had sex on 6th day of my periods means the period ended on 5th day. We used a condom but it slipped in between. It was our first time, so i had bleeding after sex (maybe my hymen broke).
He did not ejaculate inside me, still I took an ipill within 14 hrs. Now on 7th day of taking the pill I experience a little spotting, a dark brown clot kind of thing. Is it a normal side effect or I need to worry about it? Its not a sign of pregnancy I suppose. Please help.

Doctor

A:   Hi,
The possible cause of your bleeding is withdrawal effect due to emergency contraceptive pill.
Emergency contraceptive pill contains high dose of hormones, which can lead to withdrawal bleeding after around one week of intake of pill.
The possibility of pregnancy is less in your case as usually ovulation will not occur on around 6th day period and also as you took emergency pill within 14hrs.
Take care.