Spotting after period, just started birth control, had almost-sex... Pregnant? Help!!

Q: My period should've ended 4 days ago. It is always very reliable and consistent. 2 days before my period started, my bf put his penis in my opening..but he didint go much further. He ejaculated, but he said that he "pulled out" before he did, even though he wasn't the whole way in to begin with. I also started on birth control on the first day of my period. I am now still spotting, mostly a brownish color. I am really worried and wondering what it could be. I don't know if it could have something to do with the fact that I JUST started on birth control for the first time or not. Could I be pregnant?? Please Help!!!! Thanks!