Spotting and discharge, caused by pill?

Patient

Q: I'm having irregular spotting and discharge, what could be causing this? I need to know more about how sexual intimacy can affect the female body hormonally.

I've recently begun a monogamous sexual relationship and am having regular sexual intimacy so I've started taking birth control. I took 2 pills earlier this month and then on the third day I forgot it and started my period that night. I stopped taking the pills and let the period run its course (the usual 4-7 days) before I would attempt to get back onto a birth control schedule. My partner and I engaged in protected sex while I was on my period and also after it had stopped. It has been about two weeks and I haven't started my new pill pack yet...yesterday I noticed heavy clear discharge (watery texture, high volume) followed by some spotting and it has mostly disappated but continues lightly now and then into today.

Does this sound like a sign of pregnancy? Are there other possible causes I should consider?

Doctor