Spotting and sore swollen breast can i be pregnant

Patient

Q: I am trying to conceive. I am 11 days past ovulation. My breast have been swollen and tender for three days and I started spotting today. Im period is due in three days. Can I be pregnant

Doctor

A:   The signs and symptoms of pregnancy generally start around the time of your expected periods. However some women may notice certain changes earlier.
Early in pregnancy hormonal changes might make your breasts tender, sensitive or sore.Nausea with or without vomiting,increased urination, fatigue, food aversions or cravings, dull aches in the pelvis are all pregnancy symptoms.
If you are experiencing these symptoms, chances are that you could be pregnant. The best way to find out is to take a home pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman's urine. Specifics may vary for each pregnancy test, so read the instructions on the pack carefully. Be careful to note the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you're pregnant or not. The best time to take these tests would be atleast 14 days post-ovulation.
I am sure you shall be able to take the test yourself without any hassles with the above information.
Hope you complete your family soon. All the best to you.