Spotting instead of period

Patient

Q: Hello i have recently just took my last pill and should of started my period but all it was, was a tiny spot of brown blood and nothing since, could this mean i may be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Though your chances of pregnancy are minimal due to use of contraceptive pill, however you may need to do a pregnancy test to be sure. In case your pregnancy test is also negative this time and you still haven't got your periods then i would advice a hormonal blood test along with an ultrasound of the pelvis. All the best,