Spotting instead of period

Patient

Q: I missed my period this month , instead i had 5 days of light pink and light brownish spotting ,,onkly when i wipe. should i test for pregnancy

Symptoms:  Light cramps, sore nipples, fluttering in lower abdomen
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Sometimes scanty flow during periods can be seen, with is called hypomenorrhea.
If there is a history of unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is some possibility of pregnancy.
In that case, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.

Hope this helps.
Take care.