Spotting/missed pills

Patient

Q: I take birth control pills however over a week ago I forgot to take 2-3 days of pills shortly after my period ended and had unprotected sex those days. After I missed the pills I took the following on time. I started spotting a brownish pink color within the past week which never happens and I'm supposed to start my period in exactly one week. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant or are these side effects from missing my pills?

Last month my period was late and I had severe cramping (very unusual) and it was moderately heavy which isn't normal either. Is my body just reacting bad to the mistaken doses of birth control.

Symptoms:  Stuffy nose, cramps, spotting.
Doctor