Sprain foot with limited movement of big toe.

Patient

Q: Good evening. On Saturday (7/2/15), I accidentally rolled my right foot and landed on the joint of the big toe. Since then, there was swelling. I have applied cold pack to the foot for 3 days and started applying hot packs since Tuesday (9/2/15). Since then, the swelling has subsided a little bit. However, I would like to seek professional advice. Thank you in advance.

Symptoms:  Swelling
Sprain foot with limited mo...-1
Doctor

Thank you for posting your query on ATD.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It Is likely to be sprain of carpometacarpal joint of great toe but you need to x-ray to exclude fracture. Treatment of it is rest to foot and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Icing is helpful. Elevation of foot on pillow and active toe movement will be helpful in reducing the swelling. Hot fomentation is not advisable.
Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.