Sprained ankle hairline fracture

Q: I sprained my ankle two and a half months ago, some swelling but no bruzeing so did not go to the ems room. no x ray, now believe it was a hairline fracture there some numbness and tingling below ankle bone I know that the tendons streached cause there was the snap pop feeling when it happened. is it to late to get a walking brace? I use an ace bandage every day. on line says may take months for tendons to heal. What exercise can i do to build up the mussel mass back into my leg since i can see the loss because I favored it? I do elevate it and use an ice pack
at days end . How much longer should I go on. walking is no problem just the little swelling as i said above. Thank you