Sprained ankle over ten years ago and it still hurts

Q: I have a really weak ankle because i sprained it over 10 years ago. The slightest thing could cause it to swell up and bruise badly. I just wanted to know is there anything i can do to help strengthen it? It hurts to swim with it and sometimes when i walk it it clicks which makes it hurt even more.

A:   Surgical correction may be an option for you, although you may want to try physical therapy for regaining strength and the maximum range of motion of the ankle. Surgery is useful for cases that need repair of the ligaments that were torn and have not healed properly, leaving the ankle joint too loose or weak.

Guest: Me 2 accept that i sprained it 2months ago and i still dnt feel like it is back in place