Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Spur protursions

Spur protursions

Patient: Had MRI and said I had forminal stenoisis of the disk in the neck. How can I help this without surgery.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Foraminal stenosis of the discs of the cervical spine can cause painful impingement of the spinal cord and surrounding branches. Initial treatments include physiotherapy, rest, modification of your daily activities to prevent undue stress and exertion on your neck, and analgesic pain medications. However, as time progresses, this condition can worsen resulting in severe pain. Surgical correction at this point will be the only way to provide some long term relief.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com