Squidgy Lumps Around Vaginal Hole

Patient

Q: I'm a 17 year old girl and around the opening of my vaginal hole there are squidgy lumps. (You can't actually see vaginal hole). The top part has three 'fronds' coming off it like three little fingers and they are dark pink (my normal vagina colour). I occasionally get shooting pains in my vagina and I get frequent UTI's. I haven't had sex in about a year and a half. When I push (like you would giving birth ) it seems to open like a flower bud. I'm really worried!

Squidgy Lumps Around Vagina...-1
Doctor

A:   The lumps you have been complaining could be vaginal skin tags, which might have hypertrophied. These often become source of infection, as it is difficult to maintain hygiene, which could be cause of UTI. These should be surgically removed by a gynecologist. Consult a gynecologist for further management.